Torre Balldovina Museum is a local museum which has the objective to protect, conserve, study and spread the cultural and natural heritage of the area, collaborating with public and privat organizations from the city.
It was builded in the latest centuries around a medieval tower with a round floor original from XI century, the Balldovina Tower is the headquarter since 1986 of the Santa Coloma de Gramenet Museum. The building is a big country house that went from having a definsive function to an agricultural, and finally become the summer residence of Sagarra family.
The museum has its origin in the first encounters done by Mn. Joan Palà and Ferran de Sagarra in 1902 of pottery fragments in the slope of Turó del Pollo, which took place the discovery of the field of Puig Castellar.
The collections of Torre Balldovina Museum its iberian archeological materials stand out for originating from Puig Castellar town and the settlement of Can Calvet, the medieval materials coming from Molí d’en Ribé (flour miller of XIV century) and from Mas Fonollar, and the testimonial objects of the country life of Santa Coloma.